So as I’m checking my emails a few moments ago, I had a message from A Hero’s Wife that she had nominated me for the Liebster award! Now, she being a hero in her own right truly makes it that more special to be nominated! She is a military wife and we all know the sacrifices the families and especially spouses go through.
I’m just so touched and honored. Thank you so very much for your support & blessings!
So, here’s what you do if you’re nominated:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5-10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their Ahhh, the circle of blogging! Gotta love it!
Here are the 10 questions from A Hero’s Wife :
1. What is your dream job/lifestyle and why?
I would have to say baking, exactly what I’m doing now! It’s so very therapeutic and meditative that it just brings so much joy to my heart & when I’m able to help another veteran….watch out because my heart could just burst! It’s that act of kindness that is sort of an adrenaline high, for while making someone else happy, you are truly making yourself happy.
2. What is/has been a big struggle/difficult time in your life and how do you think you handled it well? Looking back what do you wish you did differently?
I would have to say when my son’s father, also a Navy veteran, passed away. I didn’t know how to cope, so I ended up isolating myself from everyone & everything. My son was just 12, he needed a mother. It took some time for me to snap out of it and to celebrate his life & memory and to remind my son of all the wonderful things about his father. If I could change anything, I’d have been that stronger woman from the start & been there for my son in the beginning!
3. Why did you start blogging?
I guess originally to just get my company’s name out there, but it’s another one of those things that has morphed into a therapeutic part of my day. Plus I get to meet some amazing people through blogging!
4. What is the one most important thing you want to get across to your readers?
That our veterans aren’t asking for handouts! They’ve earned everything that they SHOULD be getting but aren’t! We aren’t trying to scam the government, we sacrificed our lives for this country, the least they can do is give us the BEST medical care and living expenses available!
5. If you could meet and spend the day with anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?
Congress, they are so self absorbed in themselves they’ve forgotten the people that got them there! They need to be informed the truth about VA a Healthcare and the pittance of money our disabled veterans get. They need an education on the REAL world!
6. What struggles have you faced with your blog/writing and how did you overcome them?
I obtained agoraphobia after my son’s father passed, it had brought up a lot of memories from my time in the military during the 1St Gulf War. I wasn’t sure how to say what I really wanted to say, so instead I talk about my cupcakes. I still get interaction with people but don’t have to actually see them face to face to get my point across. I truly love it!
7. If you were given a million dollars to use only for good/charity/ect how would you use it?
I would go to some of our VAs and just start handing money to some of our veterans. There are so many of us struggling, it’s ridiculous that our Senators & Representatives seem to act as if they have no clue!
8. What is one subject/issue you wish you could write about and discuss but either don’t know how to address or haven’t yet?
My time in the military. Especially as a woman. The dehumanizing of women in the military, the fact that I have never spoken to anyone other than my husband, son & a Women’s Veterans non profit group about being raped within 30 minutes of arriving to my post. Still not very comfortable, even though I’m just typing this….sorry.
9. What is one thing you would like to accomplish in the next 5 years? In your lifetime?
I’d like to open a cupcake store front and hire veterans or military members trying to reintegrate into civilian life & just keep giving back.
10. If you could go back in time and tell yourself something when would it be and what would you say?
Woooh….tough one! I’d probably go back to that 20 something girl & say, get as much time as you can with your husband, he’ll be gone soon, so spend each day with him as if it were your last!
Wow, tough questions! So the following are those I’ve nominated for the Liebster Award and why:
A Hero’s Wife she gives you the point of view as a spouse of a combat soldier. She’s intelligent, kind and is not afraid to say it like it truly is! Love a strong woman like her!
the London Perspective a great blogger, that must know I’ve always felt I should have been born in London! I get great pictures, information about events going on, it’s like I’m there too! Love it!
Cross Stitch Bobobitch Mononitch A lovely women, who has an incredible talent who has a love of sharing it with the world!
mealsfromthemountains While I was in Colorado this blog was great! It helped me with changing my recipes to the higher altitude. This blog also offers wild game recipes and rural living.
Sweet Said I Another inspiring baker and her journey through the kitchen! Great photos of all her lovely creations, good or bad!!
My question for my nominees:
1. Why/How did you become a blogger?
2. Why did you pick your particular subject to blog about?
3. Do you or have you participated in Random Acts of Kindness? How do/did you feel afterwards?
4. Who is your hero and why?
5. Have you ever gone through a very traumatic event? How did you or are you dealing with it?
6. How do you feel about our current military soldiers and our veterans?
7. If you could help one group of people, who would it be? And why?
8. If you could go back in time and change any part of your life, would you? If yes, what would you change?
9. What’s the biggest thing you’ve learned about yourself through blogging?
10. Would you still blog even if you had no followers? Why?
Thank you again to A Hero’s Wife for nominating me, I hope you know how much it’s truly appreciated!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, we have a lot to be thankful for, please remember those things!
Sending a 😉 and a 😊!